Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

I HAVE A 06 Bentley Arnage and the rear latch doesn't pull

Customer Question

I HAVE A 06 Bentley Arnage and the rear latch doesn't pull automatically after is pressed down. Also the steering doesn't go up or down automatically. It was working before the battery died .
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

If these issues here only occurred after the battery died and the battery was either re charged or replaced check and see if any fuses had blown/shorted out causing this issue here.In some cases a fuse can short out causing this fault here needing replaced to correct this fault.The shorting out of the fuse can be caused by a voltage surge from the battery being recharged or replaced.If the fuses are all checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did checked all the fuses and they are ok. This is not a fuse problem it is a cinchronization problem
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself here.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need a vin # ***** get repair information to assist

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vin number is ***** I DO HAVE A LOT OF TOOLS, but unfortunately they are no help. I am mechanic by trade just like you, but the specialize information to fix this minor problem is missing. So y was hopping I would get in touch of Bentley specialist who knows all the small quarks of older Bentleys.
If you are not working on this cars I don't expect you to know, and don't thing you can help in this situation.
I am not trying to be harsh or ungrateful. I am sorry if I offended you.Regards: Edmond
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok the steering column issue this is what you have to do since the battery went flat. it has lost its memory.

make sure first its in park,key is on position and door closed. depress the MEM 5 TIMES, #2 ONCE,#3 TWICE, #2 ONCE WITHIN 5 SECONDS THEN THE SEAT WILL MOVE TO RELEARN THE END STOPS

THE REAR LATCH

first please check f10 fuse in luggage compartment fuse box to make sure that is good

then at the power latch there is a 6 wire connector and a 2 wire connector.

the 2 wire connector there black/grey wire and the other wire blue. the black/grey is the boot open switch and the other blue is the closing command switch control. need to check these switches from the pins to the black wire of the 6 pin connector to make sure that the switches are working correctly . the boot open switch is normally open and the other is normally closed .

if the switches are good then at the 2 pin connector ground each terminal to see if the motor will go up or down to emulate the switches.

the 2 wires that control the motor is blue/black and blue/yellow the control module just switches power and ground for the motor so it can go forward and backwards . use a volt meter to monitor the voltage and see by emulating the switches .

let me know if you still need help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the car to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a trunk soft close module
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

hey great. was giving diagnostic trace out to you!! i do have repair information for all bentley and rolls royce !