Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

What are the 3 ( or more ) most important reliability issues

Customer Question

what are the 3 ( or more ) most important reliability issues to ask about when buying a 05-06 TIN Sprinter with 100,000 plus miles. And can these issues be diagnosed at an early stage before they cause a problem ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

This is 100% My opinion

These vehicles are difficult to diagnose for the average shop

They are expensive to repair

Parts are difficult to locate

If you are willing to find a specialist that is equipped to repair this vehicle. and be patient when it breaks they can be decent vehicles. They never get the advertised MPG. Terrible to drive when windy.

Be advised I do not work in a shop, I call on repair shops that are having difficulty with vehicles. This is a very common car for me to get called to assist with. I cannot tell you how many shops just don't understand how to repair these. Nothing happens fast or cheap with these vehicles. Parts were starting to get more available before FIAT bought Chrysler. Now the MB dealer is almost only place except for brake and front end parts.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.