Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I have a suzuki wagon r 1996 and it doesnt change into

Customer Question

Hi i have a suzuki wagon r 1996 and it doesnt change into 3rd/overdrive.i took the sump pan off & noticed the filter was torn could this be the problem.if i got a new filter & put new oil in?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

a torn filter certainly won't help as this means dirt will have been getting into solenoids etc

1st thing to try is a new filter screen and some fresh oil as you say

so if this doesn't help then I'd replace the 3rd gear solenoid with new

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Matt.Ive been informed that theres no filter in country.have to wait x japan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

understood

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.