Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

Have a ford transit with no fuel pressure have replaced

Customer Question

Have a ford transit with no fuel pressure have replaced Hi-pressure pump & filter, also checked fuel line between tank & filter, still no pressure. Ford VM Transit 2.4.ltr. Dura Torq-tdci. 09/2008.
Category: Car
Expert:  shawn24_91 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I have a couple of ideas that may help you with your problem. First, when you turn the key to the on position without starting the vehicle can you hear the pump running? It may be hard to hear, it may help to have someone stand by the fuel fill cap with the cap off, so it's easier to hear. The pump should run for a few seconds when the key is turned on.

If the pump does run then you will want to take a look at all the fuel lines making sure that there are no kinks in any of the lines or hoses. The area where the fuel lines run up from the side of the vehicle to the engine is a common place for them to get pinched.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a mechanical pump which runs off the timing chain, (common rail diesel)I have actually had fuel tank out to check lines & pick-up inside tank. had previously pressurized tank & had fuel coming out past filter.
Expert:  shawn24_91 replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for my mistake there I was assuming a gas engine. I'm guessing we are in different countries, as I don't see a listing for a diesel engine in the transit, or a 2.4L engine. I am in the US so that must not be an engine option here. I will open the question back up so somebody who can look the correct info can try to help.

Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

If all is well involving the fuel pump, lines , fittings then most likely you have a failed injector causing the loss in fuel pressure, ( staying open) , this can be mechanical failure or electrical failure in pcm holding a particular injector open.