Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I have someone stranded in one of my Land Rover Discovery's

Customer Question

Hi Mike - I have someone stranded in one of my Land Rover Discovery's - it is the security system and this has been going on for a few days......
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The key with the fob is missing the key; so we only have the fob. There is one key (but it is fob less). It drives for about 10 to 15 minutes, then stops. Sometimes it turns on but not over. We played around with it tonight, reading online (I was not at my shop) and did a few things suggested online, and then waited 10 minutes and it started up and ran without me holding / pushing on the gas. Turned it off. Locked the doors with the key - not the fob. Unlocked the doors, got in and it started right up. Daughter waited an hour, got in the vehicle and it wouldn't start like previously. They probably tried a few things like we did earlier, then they waited 10 minutes and it started. Drove for awhile, then her friend dropped her off, and he got a short distance down the road and it stopped. Then he texted that "the signals came on again and it did it". Meaning it stopped. Earlier we took the battery out of the fob put it back in but I don't think that had anything to do with it. fyi the fob does lock/unlock the doors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A US MECHANIC CAN ANSWER ALSO; I JUST FOLLOWED A LINK THAT APPARENTLY WENT TO A UK MECH/TECH. EITHER WAY I'M GOOD IF EITHER CAN ANSWER IN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES. IF NOT, I CAN TAKE CARE OF IT TOMORROW AT MY SHOP. THANKS - DIANN
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

This is MIKE... Im happy to help / advise..

Its important to know whats meant by ".. the signals came on again and it did it.. ?? Is this some light ? if so, which one exactly ??

An immobilser fault on the truck would not cause it to stop on the highway - it can of course cause a non start ... but if that were the case, you would have a flashing light when trying to start-

So can you give me some more details on this.

Too - when it wont start... what exactly is happening...? ie -is the engine turning / spinning over etc .. or ??

- I'll await your reply.. just reply here with the answers to the above - and any other info you think of... When I receive your reply, I will get back to you asap thereafter..

Best Rgds, MIKE...................................