Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

Started out with the A/C cold when driving then not while

Customer Question

Started out with the A/C cold when driving then not while sitting still. Then As I was driving the A/c was blowing cold and all of the sudden the A/C lights blinking. I turned it off for a while then tried it after 30 minutes and same thing. Tried it the next day and same thing. When I shut the A/C off with the buttons and ran the fan now they wont come back on and no A/C
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

You are going to have to get the HVAC system scanned for codes. It has sensed a failure and shut down to protect the system. It could very well be that your condensor fan failed and caused high head pressures so the system shut down to avoid major damage. But there will be codes stored that will point to the failure. Once the repair is complete and codes cleared the system should restart.