Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

I have several classic American cars, ages 1951 to 1983.

Customer Question

I have several classic American cars, ages 1951 to 1983. Every time I drive one these days, within 10 minutes my eyes become irritated, my throat feels as though it has been exposed to dust and gets sore, and i cough for several hours post drive. Some cars have no AC - just air vents. Others have AC. What am I inhaling/exposed to that's causing this; asbestos, fiberglass, mold, dust? i'm worried about my health.
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

How are the cars stored? Is there any evidence of rodent activity either under the hood or inside the cars?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All cars referenced in my concerns question are stored in a pristine, air conditioned warehouse and are started/moved bi-monthly. They remain detailed inside and out and are void of any obvious dust or moisture.Garry
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I don't have any insight for you then. You are lucky to have such a facility.

I am going to OPT OUT of your question which opens it to all the experts and maybe one of them will have some insight for you.

Sorry I could not help

Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

If all is well concerning the engine idle quality, the only possible issue I can think of is you possibly have an allergic reaction to carbon monoxide which it is normal for all of your cars to emit from the tailpipe, it would be a rare case but plausible under the circumstances.

please rate my service a 3 or above ,if for some reason you can not, please ask me additional questions ,i will also continue to answer your questions after rating is given, until you are satisfied with my answers.