Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

I am considering getting a 2014 P85 with 21 inch wheels. I

Customer Question

I am considering getting a 2014 P85 with 21 inch wheels. I have heard that they are not good to drive in the winter on the current tires and would need to by another set of tires to drive during colder weather months.
Can you please give some thoughts on this as a paying another 2K for tires is concerning
Greg
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Without any doubt, the Bridgesone Blizzak is the absolute best winter tire we have ever seen in our shop, and we see a lot of snow in our area. We recommend this tire to all of our customers; Toyota/Lexus etc. You should look into this particular tire: P265/45R21 104Q. These tires are so good that when people trade their cars in they KEEP the Blizzaks.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't answer my question
The P85 Model is a Tesla and I have heard about the possible concern I noted above. Please let me know if you are able to respond to my question

I am aware of the Tesla product and its cold weather issues. I assumed you were asking about tire choices. There are no other choices if you want to drive this automobile in cold weather or snow. The standard tires are absolutely incorrect for cold weather. They have zero grip. Add in snow, you are not going to get out of the driveway. Sorry if you mis-understood me.