Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a landrover D2. while driving it randomly, almost

Customer Question

I have a landrover D2. while driving it randomly, almost acts like its getting no gas and then when I take my foot of the throttle petal the motor kicks back in , It randomly does it . But driving me crazy .. Any idea. Just did complete engine over hall , and started after motor was put back in ..It gets scarey especially when your in the fast lane when it does it ..
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would inspect the engine for any vacuum leaks needing repaired,I have seen issues before with intake gaskets and loose or damaged vacuum hoses that will cause this here.
There is also a chance the fuel pump is cutting out intermittently not supplying enough fuel pressure or fuel volume causing this here and may need replaced,I would have the fuel system tested to see if the pump is the cause needing replaced to correct this.
I have also seen throttle position sensor signals act up due to a failing throttle position sensor with the sensor needing replaced.
All of these need checked into to see if any of these are an issue here.
Thanks Pete