Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I tried to put the roof down on my 07 Bentley Continental

Customer Question

I tried to put the roof down on my 07 Bentley Continental and it stopped half way down. It does not go up or down by top button, but windows go up and down in front only
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

1st step is to take a close look at the rear frame where the roof folds away behind the rear seats - what can happen is the supporting straps and ties for the 'skin' can come away and get tangled up in the hinge mechanisim this can prevent the roof form opening or closing

if this is OK then refer to the handbook as this shows the manual overide operation to allow the roof to be wound shut

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked hinges, they are clear of any entanglement. The override operation was not the solution I was looking for . Information to test and repair is what I needed. Looking forward to your feedback.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

OK if you can close the top manually I suggest doing that as the next step and then check the level of hydraulic fluid in the pump reservoir if this is OK then the its possbily a fault with one of the roof position switches on the hinge mechanisim