Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I did a diagnosis and it said P0957

Customer Question

Hi sir i did a diagnosis and it said P0957
Submitted: 1 year ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mode switch circuit low
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

DTC P0957 indicates a fault in the "Sportshift" selection switch, or it's circuit to the PCM. The switch is mounted to the shifter assembly on the left side under the console. Most likely cause seen for codes like this is something getting spilled (coffee/soda etc) into the shifter and leaking into the switch. It's a fairly simple switch (actually two in one assembly), an on/off switch activated when the shift lever is moved in/out of "Sportshift" mode, and a three-position momentary switch for up/downshift commands from the shift lever.

Please let me know if there's any other question you need answered.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i actually knew that , what do i require to fix.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i saw the same response online earlier but am concerned about the D sign that keeps flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i get it fixed please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there

I'm sorry but I was a little confused since my page says you chose not to fix the issue yourself, that's why I gave a correct but generic answer.

The flashing "D" is there to warn you there is a problem with the system. To diagnose it, you'll need basic hand tools and a multimeter. Some customers are more comfortable working off a wiring diagram. would you like me to upload the diagram for you as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could there be any damage to transmission system or is it easily fixed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you could upload diagram . i hope there are no further charges for that though
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks..

DTC 957 does not indicate any damage to the transmission, just that there is a problem with the gear selector switch or its circuitry.

Regarding the wiring diagram upload, there is no extra charge, which is one the things that make this site great. With us you'll be saving hundreds of dollars compared to what you would spend were you to take your MDX to a mechanic to have this issue diagnosed and fixed.

Please give me a few minutes to find the wiring diagram in my database and uploaded for you. Be back in a bit.

Please see wiring diagram attached.

Best Regards.

Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, kindly accept and rate my answer now. If it didn't, please reply.

Best Regards.