Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

My radio is in safe mode how do I get it out of safe mode

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome-

My name is MIKE.

To get the radio out of SAFE mode you need to leave it powered... This means leaving the radio ON - not switching it off or even starting the car - as turning the key so to speak, will reset the counter.

The radio will come out of SAFE mode - it can take between 3 mins.. to several hours.. depending on how locked up it is..

But it must be left powered continually as above for that to work - when its ready, it will change the display ready to take the code.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.