sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Landrover LR3 2006 last year or so ever so often

Customer Question

I have a Landrover LR3 2006 for the last year or so ever so often the engine cuts out and a message comes up on the dash engine system fault then special systems off you then turn the A/C off wait 20 seconds and start it up and go and will not stall for another week or so
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that could be going on. If the engine is dying abruptly then you're losing spark, a loss of fuel would normally cause a hesitation as it dies.
The warning is coming on because the engine controller is seeing an issue and setting a fault code. Loss of fuel pressure won't usually set a code, whereas anything causing a loss of spark should.
There are quite a few things that will cause of spark ranging from a loss of signal from the cam or crank sensor, wiring, power distribution issues or even the engine controller itself.
The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what codes are setting in the engine controller and go from there.