Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

At 40 mph the car skips a beat like a ccup also when you

Customer Question

at 40 mph the car skips a beat like a hiccup also when you press the gas peddle to the floor to engage passing gear it hesitates then takes off then hesitates again then flies I put injecter cleaner in it but it did not help any suggestions
Category: Car
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

My immediate thoughts are that you have a bad plug wire or cracked spark plug. Do you have a spray bottle and an assistant?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

OK, SO fill your spray bottle with water. if it adjustable set to mist. have your assistant get in drivers seat place foot firmly on brake pedal and place in gear. reverse is preferable. give just a little gas. spray the wires with water and see if you can find spark escaping. If you do I suggest the plug and wire get replaced.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

let me know your results here.