Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2007 tacoma truck-170,000 miles starts to shake -front

Customer Question

My 2007 tacoma truck-170,000 miles starts to shake -front end accelerating. starts about 35 mph and does not get worse going faster speeds. I just balanced and rotated the tires and it still shakes. What could this be?
Rick
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Vibration problems with the front axles, or the joints between the axles and the hubs, and wheel hub/wheel bearing failure can easily be your problem. Balancing the tires will have no effect on this. If the axles and hubs are OK, the next place I would look would be the mount under the transmission. Older mounts can become less resilient or, worse yet, collapse. This changes the angle of the output of the rear drive shaft to be at a unacceptable angle., This angle can and will cause a vibration.