Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 1995 Isuzu rodeo. the alt. is not charging and the

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Isuzu rodeo. the alt. is not charging and the battery light is on. Yesterday I did not have power to the charge fuse. However I did have ground at both terminals the the fuse connects into. today I do have power to the charge fuse but some of the other fuses like the heater fuse ext. has lost power. the alt. will still not charge though. It has a brand new alt. and battery. I can not find any loose grounds. I checked for codes after hooking up the jumper wire to the DLC. the check eng. light flashed once, pause then two faster flashes which indicates that there are no codes if im correct on that. the battery light is on in the instrument cluster. I am kind of stumped is there any chance that it could be a bad computer. if so how do I test it. I also checked for it being a bad relay it doesn't seem to be any bad relays. The a/c will also not come on.
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN and the code or codes stored in the computuer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no codes in the computer. The vin is 4s2cg58v4s4321013
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! Start by checking for power on the big black/white wire going to the alternator. This wire should have power at all times. THen chekc for power on the white/yellow wire going to the alternator. This wire should have power on it with the key on and while the engine is running. Also, make sure the charge light comes on with the key on for a bulb check. Start there and let me know what you find! I will be at work until 5 pm central time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I has power at the alt. At the alt as well. All ground wires are good as well.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Excellent!
Can you tell me the color of the other wires going to the alternator? In addition, can you tell me the voltage on those wires?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Amede