Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Had orignal motor jump timing put another motor ant it jump

Customer Question

had orignal motor jump timing put another motor ant it jump timing what could br thr problem 2.0 4 cyl
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Before each time the chain jumped time was there any signs of chain rattle on start up when cold or at anytime .
Was the engine a used unit that you fitted .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my original motor jumped timing idoling the guide broke and the top gear on passenger side ate up and slipped to back of gears i bought all new stuff hadit putt in drove for a month even made trip to st.louis to cancer dr done great and like week later doing about 20 mph it died jumped timing again. so put a different motor in 10 months later doing 65mph it died jumped timing is there a problem with the 2.0 motor
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Can't say I've come across anything like this.
I will opt out and see if any of my fellow expert have experience this issue .
Rgds Greg .
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

how many miles did the used motor have on it???

did you install a new timing belt on the used motor before installing??

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just forget it you can not tell me nothing about first motor jumping twice within a month and the 2nd motor had 80no belt timing chain so nevermind waist of 24 dollars when you you cant answer why the 1st motor jumped timing twice'
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
without me being there and inspecting, it is hard to give you the exact reason for the failure.