Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I have a 2004 MINI S and just about an hour ago when I was

Customer Question

I have a 2004 MINI Cooper S and just about an hour ago when I was driving the clutch pedal is sticking to the floor when I'm idling and I can't shift into first I can pull it up with my foot and then everything works fine
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

this sounds like there's some air in the system

the first thing to do is bleed the clutch hydraulics and ensure that you replenish the all fluid in the system and get any trapped air out

I favour having a clear hose from the nipple to a jar 1/2 full of old fluid and with the nipple closed your assistant pushes the pedal up and down a few times, then holds it down whilst you then crack open the nipple and close it again whilst fluid is still flowing

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi
do you still need help?