Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Trying to replace the timing belt on a 2004 isuzu

Customer Question

Trying to replace the timing belt on a 2004 isuzu rodeo...its supposed to be the exact part but it seems to small. Is there a trick to installing it
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Which engine?

.

What number belt do you have?

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.5 L ....belt says cd 303.......c34 d14 r9144
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 60 inch belt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Husband says it won't fit up on the second cam
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. The CD303 belt is actually for the 3.2 engine and it's a little shorter. The factory number is(###) ###-####and it is a little more than 60"

.

• UPC: *********** /li>
  • Automotive Timing Belt
  • Except DFI
  • Interference Engine Application
  • Length (In): 60.157 Inch
  • Number Of Teeth: 191
  • Width (In): 1.260 Inch
  • Length (In): 60.157 Inch
  • Number Of Teeth: 191
  • Width (In): 1.260 Inch

.

Also, the tensioner has to be in all the way for the belt to fit on correctly.

.

Here is a link to O'Reilly's site that shows the correct belt HERE

.

**** PLEASE REMEMBER THAT A BAD RATING WILL NOT GIVE YOU AN AUTOMATIC REFUND ***** However there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

….

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the size of this belt ..it has 191 teeth and its 60.15" but it's too short. I don t have the old one but someone on a message board had this issue and said there original had 219 teeth and they were having the same issue. They ended up using one from an isuzu trooper. Ever hear of that? My husband says it's about 6 or 7 inches short
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I never did hear of that and we are never allowed to use a belt that is not designed for the specific vehicle/engine. Is the tensioner all the way in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tensioner is off, but he can't get the belt to fit all the way around the pulleys
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

.

*******YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A REFUND WITHOUT RATING THE ANSWER AS BAD OR THE SERVICE AS POOR ********

.

.

Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Different expert here.
There is indeed a 219 tooth timing belt that fits the 35L DFI Isuzu 3.5L engine. The OEM part number is(###) ###-#### ***** makes a replacement belt just as good as the OEM; to see it, go to:
http://www.carid.com/continental-contitech/contitech-conti-synchrobelt-timing-belt-camshaft-mpn-tb922.html
Best Regards.