Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

We have an 2000 Izuzu Rodeo LSE V6 it needed water pump

Customer Question

We have an 2000 Izuzu Rodeo LSE V6 it needed water pump replacement and we went ahead and replaced the timing belt. We have replaced a couple of timing belts on a old Subaru of mine with no problem. We followed the step by step instructions according to the manual and made sure all timing marks were lined up correctly. When we finished it and tried to start it it ran irradically and then wouldn't start. I'm concerned it could cause damage to the engine so we didn't try again. Would it be possible to have a mechanic redo the timing adjustment with any damage to the engine since it was not driven and has not been run hardly to all?
Category: Car
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****

You can have the marks rechecked , if the marks were off it is possible for the valves to contact the pistons causing the valves to get bent.

Thank you for posting your question. Your business is very valuable to us.

Thanks

Dan J

Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****