cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I just purchased a 2004 350Z. The car just stopped running

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2004 350Z. The car just stopped running while driving down the road. A few hours later it started without any problem. Sometimes it will crank and sometimes it will not. What is going on?
Category: Car
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting a check engine light on

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting a check engine light on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car does not have a "check engine"lite. Why did I get charged before I got a response? Is your question considered a "response"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I"m waiting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a shame you are not as quick with your response as your website is to take my money. Do you have anything else to add to your response besides asking if I my check engine light is on?. No,. its not. It is a check engine soon light anyway but it's not on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction. It is a "service engine soon" lite. There are no malfunction codes stored in the PCM.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay the way it works is when you ask the question their is a deposit taken out if you are not satisfied with your answer then the deposit is returned but what it sounds like your problem is is the crankshaft position sensor when it goes out the car will not start and it normally doesn't set off the light I would recommend replacing that should solve your problem for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car does start intermittenly. Would it be possible for this sensor to malfunction sometimes but work other times? There are so many electronic parts that are possible culprits. The CKP,PCM,ignition key, Fuel pump(pressure inadequate), These parts are expensive and I don't know where to start. I read on the web about all these people that have had the same problem with this model of car and it was never cut and dry what the problem was. So you think the CKP is the best bet or since it does start sometimes, does that rule it out?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.
I've found that 9 times out 10 its the ckp but you are right there is a lot of things that could cause the same thing but when the ckp starts going out it will start some times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea of the price of ckp? Would autozone carry this or is it a dealer item only? Just wondering if you know, I can call tomorrow.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.
Its about 90 dollars auto zone should have them if you need anything else please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I rate you now does that mean I'm finished asking you questions. How long can I ask you about this same problem without getting charged more?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.
No you can rate anytime and still ask whatever you need to ask and not be charged anymore