nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Mini Cooper R56: I removed whole R56/N12 exhaust VANOS without

Customer Question

I removed whole R56/N12 exhaust VANOS without locking intake and exhaust VANOS. And timing is out of sync. How can I set it by visibly checking piston position and sprocket marks?
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
You need to have the piston at TDC (the crankshaft timing pin can be installed), and the IN mark on the inlet shaft facing upwards, the EX on the exhaust shaft facing upwards, the lobes or cams for first cylinder would face upwards, with a slight offset.
I will include the details:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Zgf4dbmODzVnhJRkhCaFNiNkk/view?usp=sharing
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy