Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Low pressure oil pump went haywire after 168k miles, so I had

Customer Question

Low pressure oil pump went haywire after 168k miles, so I had the engine replaced (2006) in May (cost 13k), since then I would say a dozen times that I know of my RADIO will come on even though I haven't driven it in a few hours or a few days...
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Can I get the year, make, and model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 Ford 250 King Ranch 6.0 turbo....Yesterday the CD player and lights came on...engine off and key out...so I turned key on and turned radio off, hour or so later my lights came on...turned light switch to off position and moved truck out of garage...didn't notice any problems after this..,,,ICM Module was replaced late Nov last year 166k miles
For the radio to come on fuse 42 must power up. The accessory delay relay does that. This relay is controlled by the battery saver relay inside the instrument cluster. So the first thing we need to do is remove the accessory delay relay and do some test light testing there, to see if its getting energized in this event. Is that something you could do? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris