Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I took my alternator out of my

Customer Question

i took my alternator out of my lexus and had to order one . it was taking a day or 2 so i left it sitting in the garage it arrived i went push the car bck to get under the hood i was rolling back the dash light went out and i couldt get it out of nuetral
back into park . i jiggled it a little d to pop back into park . it did go but now i cant get it out of park . the cable fsrom the alernator to the fuse ox was sitting on the frame all night di it drain my battery or short someng out . because you have to
have battery power to get the car into gear .
Category: Car
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.
Hello!At this time, if you turn the key on is there power and is the battery unhooked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. . i turned out the battery drained from iing one frame , t ok now that i rechared t
thanks aywayway
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please close question ,
thanks