Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Ford Expedition: I just replaced the throttle position sensor

Customer Question

I just replaced the throttle position sensor on my 2011 Ford Expedition and now it is running rough and when I press the gas pedal I get no response. Any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Why did you replace the sensor? did the symptoms change with the new sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code said that the tps was causing the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wrench came on and at the time it started hesitated and idoling roughly. Replaced the sensor after finding out this was a common ford problem.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
A lot of fords require a relearn procedure with a scanner. I would suggest this is next step
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the relearn process and it idols very roughly at 1100 rpm with an occasional drop. It never reaches a smooth idol and I still do not get a response when I try to accelerate.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN and the code or codes stored in the computer?