Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

03 honda accord 2.4 a/c seems to work fine, pressures 35 low

Customer Question

03 honda accord 2.4 a/c seems to work fine, pressures 35 low and 240 high. cut the car off and it takes 2-3 hours for pressures to equalize. customer says sometimes compressor will cycle every few seconds, when it does kick on it almost stalls the engine.
i have not been able to duplicate this. right now pressures are right and cooling good. customer has disabled wife and can't endure hot temps.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** it takes that long for the system to equalize, then you have a bad expansion valve, has this been replaced yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, given the times it takes to change it , i wanted a second opinion so i could feel fairly sure that was the problem. if the expansion valve sticks, the high side would go way high and cause the extra load to bog the engine down and cycle, does that make sense to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any tips on that procedure would be appreciated
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
I think I am going to opt out of this question and see if another expert is willing to help you, you have had 5 questions and never accepted any of them, we do this for living, and cant afford you getting free answers and not rating them,Tim