Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GTC: I HAVE A 2007 BENTLEY GTC AND THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2007 BENTLEY GTC AND THE WINDOWS AND TOP WILL NOT OPERATE...
HELP!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
I note you say you will not be attempting to fix this issue yourself.. I could have talked you through the procedure of trying a reboot for the systems / computers which sometimes is needed..you can let me know if you would wish to try that. Other than that - the first thing in this situation is to check the fuses for the said circuits..
After that - if a reboot doesn't work and there are no issues with the fuses - a wiring check needs to be made for any damaged / chaffed wires on the circuit... After that - if nothing is found to cure the issue, then the car will have to be connected to a suitable plug in diagnostic machine to scan the control systems which will locate the cause of the fault that way - then a fix can be carried out.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how I can get a wiring diagram?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again - Thank you very much for your reply.Wiring diagrams are available but Bentley tend to be very conservative as to what they release.. That said, a google search is usually all thats needed to bring up what is available. What I would say though is - I don't really think a wiring diagram would be all that helpful on this / this fault - the best places to be looking for such faults as I mentioned above - are where the wires go from the car body through to the car doors - you need to check the tubing - the wires in there.. and inside the doors as / if needed... Quite often the fault is found in one of those.. IF you dont find anything at all wrong then its going to be a module fault - for which you will definitily need a plug in test to trace that down properly as the proper way / cost effective way then.I hope that helps you further - Do let me know if I can help any more at all. --- Please do click on the "OK ratings" for me at this point - and again, you can get back to me anytime.Very best rgds, MIKE...
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -
Im just checking back with you if you need anything more on this issue you had.. if so, Im always happy to help -or, if we are done, I do just need you to click on the OK ratings for me at this point - Thank you very much,
Kind Rgds, MIKE.