Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

How do I reset the key battery indicator after I replaced battery

Customer Question

How do I reset the key battery indicator after I replaced battery and how do I turn off service indicator light
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also how do i turn off service light on 2012 Bently GTC .
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Resetting Service Light1. Key in ignition switch (not turned/engine off).2. Hold down the trip button.3. Switch the ignition on and release the trip button.4. A message appears in the DIP with the wording SERVICE RESET .5. Press the OK button on the steering wheel.6. The message will now disappear.7. To check the procedure has worked correctly. Switch the ignition off, switch the ignition back on again. The service warning light should have disappeared.IF the above does not work - try again - often ut takes more than one go. IF you still cannot get it to work, then it has to be done with plug in equipment.Re the key - if the battery that has been replaced has been all done correctly with the right battery etc, the systyem should reset itself in use.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.