Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I have a 2009 maserati granturismo. When I crank over the engine,

Customer Question

I have a 2009 maserati granturismo. When I crank over the engine, there is no power going to the spark plugs.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello as there's no spark then check that there's power to one of the coil packs using a meter. If there’s 12V at the pack but no spark then check the ECU power supply (fuse and relay) and also the connections to the crankshaft speed sensor. you can also check if the ECU is opening the fuel injectors, if the injectors are working you can hear them click - its difficult to hear them with background noise so use a long screwdriver like a stethoscope, placing the handle end in your ear and the metal tip against the body of the injector whilst your assistant turns the engine over. if there's no injector activity and the ECU has power then replace the crank sensor
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi
do you still need help ?