Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Aston martin vanquish: we have an aston martin vanquish

Customer Question

hello we have an aston martin vanquish 2004. we were having trouble with the battery always being flat. replaced the battery and still trouble . finally realized when coming home in the dark that the tail lights were not going off when the car was shut down . after checking for faults in the trunk we found a sensor that was keeping the lights on . i thought it was a relay. i took it to the aston dealership in calgary and he couldn't even find it on his computer.so he phoned ford with the part number and they said it was a barometric sensor. okay so i ordered a new one . and put it in .but it is still causing our lights to stay on.when i remove it from the fender mount and give it a tap the lights go off. we do live at a high elevation but,have had the car for 9 years without problems. so what is the purpose of this sensor on a light circuit? and can i get rid of it?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Inspect the sensor electrical connection and wiring for any faults.I have seen corroded terminals in the connection as well as corroded or damaged wiring cause this type of fault here and had to correct it for this issue.If this is all checked and found to be o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete