Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Range rover sport: Trevor I'm having trouble with bcm

Customer Question

Hi Trevor
I'm having trouble with bcm and hvac modules not being found on a 2007 range rover sport... im using SDD/IDS the land Rover jaguar tool. I have disconnected the can bus connector from the central junction box with no change on diagnostic tool.. so what I'm saying is with the CJB connected or not I still get BCM not communicating... oddly with it connected all body functions work. I only really have an issue when I go to program modules. No communication with bcm A02=TX timeout.. any assistance would be great
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Try unplugging the HVAC control module then see if you can communicate with the BCM.If you can then the HVAC module was shorting out internally causing the data line to be shorted out and the HVAC module needs replaced.If this does not work let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete I tried what you suggested no dice.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k,see if the opposite works here unplug the BCM and see if you can communicate with the HVAC and let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did that Pete and no change i also tested the CAN Bus and i can verify that its not an open circuit or shorted to ground...