Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

Isuzu pickup: trying to find wiring color match to a new radio

Customer Question

trying to find wiring color match to a new radio I'm putting in a 92 Isuzu pickup. the stock plug in and the new plug in do not match up. details?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, can you please send all wire colors on the factory side plug?There are a few different configurations, Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blue and yellow
green and white
purple and white
yellow
red (with blue markings)
gray
red and green
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what the factory plug colored wires are
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did this message get through to you, Randall?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This attached document is a standard chart of new after market wiring plug in color wires. Does it look correct to you? I found this on the internet. thanks
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
that is not what I am showing in the repair information thus why I really could use the exact wire colors you see on the factory plug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doc is what the colors are
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
well, it does not match what I have on my end so if these are the factory colors, what is the end question? you have everything listed as to what they reference, and you should have lables etc on the other radio, Are you saying no wire is marked on the aftermarket? nothing showing what wire color is which
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have the color match up for the after market, what I sent you, the chart I found on the internet, a standard chart. I do not have a color match up for the stock plug that matches the stock plug I have. That is what I need.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
you want a plug to match? probably will not find one, you will have to butt connect wire to wire,you have the wire colors on the factory unit, your diagram you says matches all your wire colors, you have the wire code chart for the aftermarket so,, since plugs do not match? I do not have any source for plugs, not in parts but can help walk you through direct wiring wire to wire from fatcory harness to aftermarket if this is what you want/need. you would cut both plugs off, leaving some extra wire on each for possible future re hook, then we direct wire wire to wire from factory harness to aftermarket, this is commonly done when a adapetr plug is not offered or found. I am hoping I understand your question/concerns
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you do understand. But, to butt the connect the wires wire to wire, I need to know which wires to connect. The wires on the stock plug are nothing like the wires on the after market plug. The colors don't match up.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
they wont match up color to color, You sent the wire colors from the stock unit harness, we are good there, now? I just need wire colors on the aftermarket and what each wire color is marked to do, I can then do my best to tell you which wires to coneect tot which wires, for example, if a the battery power wire is RED on strock side and Blue on the aftermarket side? then you connect thos 2 wirs to get battery 12 volts to the aftermarket radio
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is what I have..doc attached
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
ok, bear with me, I have to chart this out and send, will take a few + minutes
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
the connection chart per both your wiring diagram configswill be stcok wires first, aftermarket secons on each lineWhite/Blue - YellowYellow /Red - RedBlack - BlackBlue /White - Orange /whiteBlue /green -Whitegrey /Black - White/blackRed/green - GreyBrown/blak - Grey/blackGrey/yellow - GreenGrey /white - Green/blackRed/yellow - PurpleBrown/white - Purple/black
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I wish that would work. The colors on the stock side do not match up with the colors on the stock plug. The stock plug has got only 7 wires. The after market one has 12, and only a couple of colors match one to the other. They both have red and black and yellow. The rest do not match up with anything.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, I m very confused. You sent chart showing all the wire colors on stock side then chart for aftermarket side, do me this, snap a pic of stock side and aftermarket side,Maybe this will help. Kind of goes back to exactly what wire colors you have by looking at them and writing down on the stock side, not just the chart, exactly what colors are there. wire colors will NOT match unit to unit, Some may be used soem may not, depends on how many speakers and so on, pics would be best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying that now, but am having a problem uploading pictures to your site. still trying
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
you sent a wirie color chart for stock side, you said these are the wqire colors you have,, can you look at the wire colors on stock side and send what you have, not a chart?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gray solid
red and green
purple and white
blue and yellow
green and white
yellow
red
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
please separate the wire colors, since wire colors can be combo colors, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are 7 wires..4 are combo
1 gray
2 red and green
3 purple and white
4 blue and yellow
5 green and white
6 yellow
7 red
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
let me try one last thing, please send the VIn number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I'll get it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vin# ***** *****
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea why colors are not matching the factory diagrams still a picture may help me, since you can not send one and rather than keep you? I will opt out and open the post to the other experts, Please save the rating for the expert that helps Sorry I could not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fine Randall. I appreciate your help. This is a tough one, why it's got to be so tough I don't know. If I succeed in uploading a picture, maybe that could help I'll keep trying. Thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Randall, I had to go to PepBoys for some things and I took the two plugs. I walked out with a newly purchased stock plug and an after market plug, that adapts to each other. Problem solved. All I had to do was splice the stock plug back into where I had cut the wires to remove it, plug everything in. Radio works fine...I had no idea such things existed...fyi