Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Aston Martin V8 Vantage: I have a 2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Recently, after the car is off, a knocking noise begins behind the left rear tire and the fans in the engine compartment turn on. This knocking lasts @10-15 minutes then stops. The AM dealership does not know what is causing this.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
It is possible that the engine computer is failing causing the fans to turn on and possibly causing an electrical signal fault commanding a relay or component off and on causing the knocking noise you hear.
If the dealer was not able to duplicate the fault this can make it difficult for them to fully diagnose and repair it.If this is the case if you can leave the vehicle with the dealer for a day or more and see if they can duplicate it to locate and repair the cause.
Thanks Pete