sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Needed a jump suzuki sx4 2012, now it says system c

Customer Question

Needed a jump for my suzuki sx4 2012, now it says system check.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need a battery or is it something more serious
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Unless something was left on and ran the battery down then most likely you do need a battery, or it's possible something could have been drawing current when the key is off. The warning is on now because a failure has been seen somewhere which could just be lingering fault codes from the low battery voltage, or it could be on because the charging system isn't' operating properly.
The first thing that should be done is load test the battery. If it tests good and the battery continues to die then an ignition off draw test should be done.
For the warning you'll need to see what fault codes are setting and go from there. You might just try a battery disconnect and see if it comes back if you don't have easy access to a scan tool.