Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Ferrari California: 2011 Ferrari California If I need a

Customer Question

2011 Ferrari California
If I need a main ECM and buying a new non-programmed one is not a option...And I find a parts vehicle...What parts as a group need to come off a donor car that will be plug and play on my car? I need this along with a wire diagram/schematics for this car.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I don't have the diagram for your model here but even if you installed a used ECM from another like year and model vehicle with the same engine and transmission and emissions this will still need programmed by a dealer in order for it to recognize your vehicle and operate properly.
It is best to buy new as sometimes a used one cannot be programmed to your vehicle.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking for a Ferrai mechanic and not a general reply as I am a mechanic also.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete