EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

I have a 2005 GMC HD2500 truck, question the required parts

Customer Question

I have a 2005 GMC HD2500 truck, question the required parts for a fuel filter replacement.
I installed a new filter only, and someone tells me I have to buy and replace the filter adapter bracket/and filter as a unit. Seems unlikely, the filter mount bracket and filter complete approximate cost $185.00. This includes the filter, approximate cost $9.00. Is there any reason I need to replace any parts other than the filter?
Category: Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. You do not need to replace anything other than the filter. What you might have heard about is that GMC has offered a revised fuel filter kit for improved performance. It is recommend to use this filter. The part number is *****
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Please respond with your further questions and comments. And I do also have access to the GMC service bulletin if you are interested in reading that. Thanks.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. Please respond with any further questions or comments. Thanks and please rate my service.