Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Maserati granturismo convertible: my battery died on maserati

Customer Question

my battery died on maserati gran turismo convertible AND the pull cable next to the back seat is not working to open the trunk!
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
A flat battery means you can't get the deadlock or alarm system to release its grip I'd start by charging the battery you should be able to do this via the cigarette lighter /accessory socket. You'll need the appropriate attachment for your charger butcar accessory shops sell these- Alternatively if you can't get into the car/boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under thefront. Locate the startermotor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive batterycharger lead to this terminal then connect thecharger negative lead to the metal of the engine block This should completethe charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into thecar
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went to Maserati forum and already got an answer. Thank you for your response, but it just took too long.