Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

1999 arnage green label. came out of bank ,car will not

Customer Question

1999 arnage green label. came out of bank ,car will not start. turns over,no fuel no spark. had key symbol show on dash. changed out battery on drivers side.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like the vehicles theft system has engaged.This is due to the key failing (most common) or an issue with the immobilizer not reading the key at all or properly.
What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.In some cases you can have a dealer reprogram the system to recognize the key but in other cases a component needs replaced to correct this here.
Thanks Pete