Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Landrover Rangerover supercharge: The hdc light is bringing

Customer Question

The hdc light is bringing and warning me to drive slowly how do I turn it off
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The HDC Stands for hill decent control. Its a feature that is used when driving off-road when you need to make a controlled drive/decend down a steep grade.
On your model vehicle HDC is turned on and off by the small switch next to the transmission shifter.You can try and switch it off to correct this here.
If your light is on and green in color then you may have just accidentally hit the switch and turned the system on and you can push it again to turn it off. If it is amber/yellow in color then there is a fault stored in the computer system which will require the fault codes to be checked by an authorized service center and the codes diagnosed and repaired to turn this feature off.
Thanks Pete