Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Land rover Dicovery 11: my key & remote will unlock and lock

Customer Question

my key & remote will unlock and lock front and rear passanger doors but will not lock/unlock thr driver side front or rear nor tailgate locks
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The most common cause for this fault here is the body control unit itself.This is an electronic control unit/ecu that can fail with some of its electronics internally and cause this issue.I have seen it fail before in the past and cause this fault requiring replacement.
If you have not had the fault codes checked at all this needs done with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Then from there those codes can be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault,I suspect the body control unit itself is the cause.
Thanks Pete