Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

Range Rover HSE: Hey Neal. I am currently working on a fuel

Customer Question

Hey Neal. I am currently working on a fuel pump for a 2006 range rover sport HSE with a 4.4L motor. I need some help removing the emergency brake cables that keep the fuel tank in place. The fuel tank can be moved but the emergency brake cable lines restrain it and makes it harder to get out. Any tips or tricks to get past this part?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I will upload the diagrams for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the diagram you send us is for supercharge engine ,the one we working on is 2006 HSE 4.4L
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
okay, the procedure is the same for both engines. Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you randy ,so in the diagram if we want to remove the fuel tank ,we have to lower rear subframe right ? no other way around ?
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
yes, that is the only way. Lower the rear subframe only about 3 inches.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
about 3 inches ,how can we move the fuel tank out ?
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
yes, only about 3 inches initially. Then you lower the frame at the end after you remove the shaft, upper arm, etc then you can lower the sub frame.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
one last thing randy ,after remove the fuel tank ,how can we replace the fuel pump ? how do you remove old fuel pump and put new one in ? thank you .
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
I will upload the diagrams for the fuel pump for you.
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Fuel pump removal>
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.