sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Flying Spur: ! My back door won't open from outside and inside.

Customer Question

Hi! My back door won't open from outside and inside... Seems like it lost the synchronism between lock and unlock because everything is wired properly (I think) and was working a week ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If it stopped opening from inside and outside at the same time then most likely the latch is the issue.
If there is no resistance when moving the inside and/or outside handle then it may be a linkage issue. If the linkage has come off at the handles or latch then the handles will move freely but not move the linkage in the latch.
What will need to be done is remove the door panel to access the latch and linkage. If there are no linkage issues then the latch itself has failed and will need to be replaced.