Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

1995 isuzu trooper auto .transmission sluggish shifting between

Customer Question

1995 isuzu trooper auto .transmission sluggish shifting between 2 and 3. Have replaced tranny with used that worked ok for a while but is now doing the same thing. Wondering if it is a control module problem or something like that
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We live 55 miles from the nearest garage so hope to be able to fix the problem here.
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the computer codes?
did you install a new filter in this used transmission when you installed it?
it does as of now,have all gears?
tell me allyou can
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No engine light has come on.
Flushed used Tran and installed new filter.
It does have all gears. Just very sluggish from 2 to 3. Sometimes have to wind it up and then let off to get it to shift other times you can accelerate very slowly and it will shift
Wondering how to check if this is a control module problem.
does it work better cold or hot?
is it full of fluid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't make any difference whether cold or hot. Yes, have checked fluid, it's still full.
ok
be sure to check the fluid correctly..
but.if it is full of fluid and there is no trouble codes,,i dont think the problem is electrical,,i would think it is mechanical..
to me,it sounds as if the 3-4 clutch frictions are burning out of your 4l30e transmission,,if this is the case,the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced[again] sorry..
the newer modelof the 4l30e doesnt have a dipstick and the fluid must be checked by removing the fill plug in the pan and pumped in while running,yours being a 95 should have the dipstck
thanks
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/92xq8cixumykmbv/0530-trooper-95-Description.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/92xq8cixumykmbv/0530-trooper-95-Description.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help