Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

This is Davis Murphy I just paid consult but then

Customer Question

Hi this is Davis Murphy
I just paid for a consult but then lost the page
My question wAs about my 2000 Range Rover locking the engine and I was wondering how to fix that thru the door panel
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello

if you have the EKA ( emergency key access) code then I'd try entering that as its should be on the security card in the handbook

or see here

http://www.mgrovercodes.com/land-rover/range-rover/eka-code/

if this doesn't help then the most common reason for the EKA code not working is a faulty driver's door latch assembly (or more precisely a faulty switch in the latch).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was under the impression that I you guys had planned to fool my security system by changing the wires in the drivers door
I read in yourWebsite that day and wiring diagram of sorts I have the panel off and I'm hoping you can give me this information if not I am planning to disconnect the plug in each door and making a new latch for the trunk tailgate powered separately with a push button on the dashwhat could go wrong? Probably everything
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello

that sounds like it could work

this video may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-JaQCPmnd4