Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

Japan honda civic: I changed the master cylinder of my car

Customer Question

I changed the master cylinder of my car but one side is blocked when i push the brake pedal.there is no liquid.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
the master cylinder the 2 ports off of it with both lines off the master cylinder only fluid comes out of one port ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the fluid come from one port.but the othe is blocked.the left side rear fluid come out when push the brak but the right side no fluid come out when i push the brake pedal.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
did you bench bleed this master cylinder ?
if not try to bench bleed the master cylinder with a bench bleed kit
if still no fluid will come out of that port and nothing is visually blocking the opening in that port then that master cylinder is defective and bring it back for another master clyinder
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

first i need the bench bleed procedure second which one is master cylinder the one who has fluid reservoir on top or who divid fluid to each ports.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The 3 ports are working only one side is not working when i push the pedal.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
if the master cylinder did not come with a bleeder kit with it do you have a suction vacuum bleeder or hand held vacuum pump?
if so with the line off that port that will not send any fluid with the cap off can you suck on that port and get any fluid flow ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok i got your answer.master cylinder have 2 ports than it go to another parts it has more than 2 ports.i dont know where i should start.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think something wrong with master cylider .one tube have brake pressure liquid but the other side dont have it.

brake cylinder have two tube exit.

when i push the brake both side should react liquid same time or non?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

brake cylinder have two tube exit.

when i push the brake, both side should react liquid same time or non?

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** you for allowing me to assist you! Sounds like 6ou got a defective master cylinder. Take it back and get another one. Then put the new one in a vice and bench bleed it to make sure that it works before you install it into the vehicle.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The new master cylinder is buble flare but the old one was double flare.

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Ok get the correct one for double flare fittings and you should be good to go.
Chris