Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

AC blowing hot air, turned it off.Next day: shift locked Park, makes r

Customer Question

AC blowing hot air, turned it off.Next day: shift locked Park, makes rrrrrrr noise, clicks under hood but not start.Later un- locked door, alarm system went off,put key in ignition.alarms not stop.open hood,
&it quit.Can't get key out of ignition????
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
HI there,I would start with a jump. Leave the donor car on it for 15 minutes, then see if any of the electrical starts working. It sounds like the belt might be broken for the alternator and the car was running off the battery. So, check the drive belts as well, but at least if you jump it, some of the electrical may come back, if it does, then you know the battery is the problem.The alarm will likely start blaring, if you have the remote for the door locks, just cycle them with it and the alarm should stop going off.Please try this and let me know.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike, I want my money back, your answer is in error and will ruin the car.. There is a reset process of entering, changing a fuse, and some other things that will reset the system, so you can then recharge the battery and retry to start car I found this out, but have not been able to find the process..
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
I am going to put you in touch with customer service. Sorry you think my answer would ruin the car. But if you have been looking for this procedure for nearly a month, do you really think it exists?
Check your owners manual under jump starting the car.