EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

My 2000 Kia sportage tachometer will drop to 0 while the car

Customer Question

my 2000 Kia sportage tachometer will drop to 0 while the car is running. Then the motor looses power and runs as if only two cylinders are working. It tarting to occur on a regular basis. The check engine light will flash at first. Then glow solid and will eventually go off. Sometimes it clears up within minutes and the motor runs fine. Once I had to let the car set for about 30 minutes. Then it started and ran fine. I have had both coil packs go out and have replaced them both within the last 3 weeks. Any idea what could be the cause?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
You should probably at least have the computer scanned for any codes. You may have a crank shaft position sensor code. The very most common thing for the rpms to go to 0 then possibly get going again, is the crankshaft position sensor.
Please respond and let me know if you you can or did, have the codes checked. Thanks. eric
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for viewing my repsonse. If you need more help please respond back. If not please rate the service provided. Thank you and have a great day!