Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Hyandi santa fe: why cant I get the brakes to bleed? they keep

Customer Question

why cant I get the brakes to bleed? they keep pushing air
Category: Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Can you explain to me in detail how your attempting to bleed the brakes as far as your method and what you have tried so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2008 Hyndai Santa fe. I rerplaced the front calipers and now I cant get them to bleed. evey other car I've done before the calipers filled up quickly and I was done. these just keep pushing air.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get that?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok are you doing the pump pump hold method or the open bleeder and press brake and close bleeder and raise brake ? Also why did you replace the front calipers ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The caliper pistons were freezing up. I'm doing the pump, pump method like I always do.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Have you tried to gravity bleed them? Also the pump method is not as effective as the latter. As air stays trapped in the line as compared to opening the line and pressing the brake , and when the pedal reached the floor closing the bleeder to allow the master cylinder to suck in more fluid. Also does your model have abs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes ABS. Let me try what you suggested. stay tuned I'll let u know
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Also since the vehicle has abs you may run into a issue needing a scan tool to purge the air from the abs hydraulic unit. So if you do end up getting fluid to bleed the pedal may remain squishy. So keep this in mind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not working.....have to quit getting late sorry
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok no problem. Leave bleeders loose and cap off of reservoir and let gravity bleed and see if that helps. But you may not be successful without a scan tool to do the abs bleed procedure.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/j66qggqiu85a6gh/hyundai_brake_bleed.pdf
copy and paste that it is the hyundai procedure and it does reference needing a scan tool to do the abs bleed. let me know your outcome, i am here to help., Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Checking back to see if you had read my last few posts and if you made any progress. If I was helpful please rate my answer so I may receive credit for assisting. Hope it all went well. Lou