Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Suzuki Forenza: I have a 2004 Suzuki Forenza S 5 speed manual.

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Suzuki Forenza S 5 speed manual. I just replaced an O2 sensor in the first position after car was running rough/bucking.
Now the car cranks, but does not start. I have checked for error codes and only get "soft codes" for emissions items cycle not ready.
I am not sure if it is related or even a problem, there is no power to the fuel pump fuse or ignition coil fuse. Fuel pump relay has power.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car still does not start so I still need help please. I am also wondering if the coil, cam sensor or crank sensor could be bad and not generate any codes. Thanks.
Hi
Below is the diagram I will be using.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/04Suzuki.pdf
The ECM commands the fuel pump relay on, which in turn powers the fuel pump and coil. If you remove the pump relay and jump a paper clip from pins 30-87, does it then start?
-
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel relay appears to be fine. There is no power to the coil; is this a sign of a bad fuel pump?
Let me know when you can do the diag steps I mentioned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I was having a bad reaction to medication and didn't quite process the steps correctly.Jumped the relay and fuel pump comes on and stays on, but car will not start. There is plenty of fuel pressure at fuel rail.
Thanks, ***** ***** 2 issues. One where as the pump is not being commanded on from the inputs to the relay and it still will not start with pressure. Did this bypass get power to the coil?
So far its looking like an ECM or anti theft issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have to wait for my friend to help me. What would it mean if there is power VS no power to coil so I can try the next step?
If the coil has no power during this bypass of the relay, that means there is a broken wire or fuse 10 is bad. The ECM should power the light green wire pin 85 at the fuel pump relay with the key on to energize the relay.