Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Suzuki Vitara: My suzuki Vitara engine light went on and says

Customer Question

My suzuki Vitara engine light went on and says "check engine soon" what does it mean?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
When the check engine light comes on this means the engine management system has encountered a malfunction with one or more of the sensors.
When a sensor malfunctions the engine management system (ECM/PCM)
will see this and trip on the check engine light to let the operator know that there is a problem.
If the check engine light does not flash then you are okay to keep driving until you find time to have this checked with a diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes .
From the found malfunction codes you will then know what system has malfunctioned and what to do to rectify this issue.
once repaired then the check engine light can be cleared ans switched off and if the repair was correctly carried out then the check engine light will stay off.
What you can do first is disconnect the negative battery post and wait ten minutes then reconnect this will switch off the check engine light and if the management system does not see the problem return then the light will stay off ,but if it does then it will trip back ON then you will have tpo be hooked up to check for malfunction codes.
Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating , so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg